This workshop will provide the skills, knowledge and confidence to ensure that manual handling tasks are carried out using safe and effective techniques. In a healthcare environment, this includes lifting, moving and transporting patients of all sizes and capabilities.
Tubal aim to reduce the number of manual handling and lifting related injuries in the workplace by providing greater awareness of positive, self-protective behaviours and ensuring greater awareness of workplace risks and hazards.
Our experts ensure that training is relevant to your workplace, so talk to us about how we can ensure your workplace benefits from contexualised training by focusing specifically on the injuries that are relevant to the type of work being conducted. Tubal can also utilise your workplace policies and procedures during training to ensure that all employees have a greater awareness.
Delivery and Certification
This course can be delivered in specific workplaces, in or out of normal working hours. The course has a duration of 3 hours.
Upon successful completion you will receive a Certificate of Attendance for this workshop.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements and best practice approaches
- Identification of potential hazards & risks
- Effective use of team work and communication
- Apply lifting, lowering and transfer techniques of manual handling
- Correct use of equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Identify strategies to improve manual handling processes
- Prevent or minimise risk
Cost and duration
Tubal delivers this course to both individuals and groups, as well as specific courses for a workplace. Minimum numbers apply for specific group bookings. Please Contact Tubal for more information on pricing.