This course will equip candidates with the skills and knowledge to be able to respond to an emergency with a focus on education and care environments for infants, children and adults. The course has been designed for educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid incident, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
Tubal ensures that training is relevant to your workplace, so talk to us about how we can ensure your workplace benefits from contexualised training by focusing specifically on the injuries that are relevant to the type of work being conducted. Tubal can also utilise your workplace policies and procedures during training to ensure that all employees have a greater awareness.
Delivery and Certification
Tubal understands that time is important, and we have designed a flexible one (1) day delivery option. This option may include some pre and post-course assessments.
Upon successful completion you will receive a notionally recognised Statement of Attainment for HLTAID004 Provide an emergency First Aid response in an education and care setting
- Knowledge of legislative requirements and best practice approaches
- Identification of potential hazards & risks
- Effective use of team work and communication
- Responding to medical, trauma and environmental emergencies
- Compliance with Education and Care National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations
- Effective resuscitation in adults, children and infants
- Administration of an adrenaline auto-injector
- Effective use and understanding of asthma medication
- Demonstration of the emergency care procedure
- Effective resuscitation.
Tubal also offers First Aid short courses in:
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
Tubal’s Assessors will determine a participant’s competency against:
- Answers to established underpinning knowledge questions
- Demonstrated performance of designated tasks by the participant
- Participant self-assessment against designated tasks
- Historical information pertaining to past experience and work history eg. Resume/CV and/or verbal details.
Cost and duration
Tubal delivers this course to both individuals and groups, as well as specific courses for a workplace. Minimum numbers apply for specific group bookings. Please Contact Tubal for more information on pricing.