Provide First Aid (Previously known as ‘Senior First Aid‘) will equip candidates with the skills and knowledge to be able to confidently respond to, and manage an emergency situation. Time is critical in any emergency and knowing how to respond and what to do in emergency situations could possibly save a life.
The unit covered by this course describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings. It may be the case that specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to this competency are in place, including requirements for refresher training at certain intervals.
Tubal ensures that training is relevant to your workplace, so talk to us about how we can ensure your workplace benefits from contexualised training by focusing specifically on the injuries that are relevant to the type of work being conducted. Tubal can also utilise your workplace policies and procedures during training to ensure that all employees have a greater awareness.
Delivery and Certification
Tubal understands that time is important, and we have designed a flexible one (1) day delivery option. This option may include some pre and post-course assessments.
Upon successful completion you will receive a notionally recognised Statement of Attainment for HLTAID003 PROVIDE FIRST AID
- Knowledge of legislative requirements and best practice approaches
- Identification of potential hazards & risks
- Effective use of team work and communication
- Responding to medical, trauma and environmental emergencies
- Assessment of an injured casualty
- Demonstration of the emergency care procedure
- Effective resuscitation.
Tubal also offers First Aid short courses in:
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID004 Provide emergency first aid response in an education and care setting.
Tubal’s Assessors will determine a participant’s competency against:
- Answers to established underpinning knowledge questions
- Demonstrated performance of designated tasks by the participant
- Participant self-assessment against designated tasks
- Historical information pertaining to past experience and work history eg. Resume/CV and/or verbal details.
Cost and duration
Tubal delivers this course to both individuals and groups, as well as specific courses for a workplace. Minimum numbers apply for specific group bookings. Please Contact Tubal for more information on pricing.