In most states and territories of Australia, food businesses involved in the preparation, distribution, supply and sale of food to the general public must have at least one Food Safety Supervisor at the premises. This requirement exists to reduce the incidents of contamination and foodborne illness in the retail food service environment, and to help increase the skills and knowledge of those working within these environments.
This skills set provides learners with the skills and knowledge to work hygienically when handling food and to ensure the safety of food during its storage, preparation, display, service and disposal.
Tubal ensures that training is relevant to your workplace, so talk to us about how we can ensure your workplace benefits from contexualised training by focusing specifically on the food hazards that are relevant to the type of work being conducted. Tubal can also utilise your food safety policies and procedures during training to ensure that all employees have a greater awareness.
Delivery and Certification
Delivery consists of a 6 hour face-to-face workshop – minimum numbers apply. You will have 3 months to complete and submit all asessments and third party reports.
Upon successful completion you will receive a notionally recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- Follow hygiene procedures and identify food hazards
- Prevent food contamination
- Prevent cross-contamination
- Store food safely
- Prepare food safely
- Maintain a clean environment
- Dispose of food safely
- Follow and understand a food safety program based on HACCP principles
- Report food safety hazards
These two units of competence form partial completion of:
- SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality
- SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality
- SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management
Tubal’s Assessors will determine a participant’s competency against:
- Answers to established underpinning knowledge questions
- Demonstrated performance of designated tasks by the participant
- Participant self-assessment against designated tasks
- Third party verification of skills from a suitable supervisor or manager.
Cost and duration
Tubal delivers this course upon request for group bookings. Minimum numbers apply. Please Contact Tubal for more information on pricing.