No matter what industry you work in, if you are wanting to progress your career to the management level, or have your previous and existing managerial and leadership skills recognised with a formal Nationally Recognised qualification, the new Diploma of Leadership and Management is for you.
The Diploma of Leadership and Management reflects the role of individuals who apply their knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements. They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
This qualification is designed for individuals in senior managerial job roles. They regularly oversee the work of others, or perform roles that require them to lead teams efficiently and effectively. Relevant Job roles across all industry sectors include:
- Senior Manager
- Leading Hand
- Team Leader
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer(CT)
Tubal offers all participants the opportunity to have existing skills and knowledge recognised through Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer options. Participants may be eligible to receive RPL for units based on their work background, working in the community, volunteering and life experiences (such as hobbies, sport and recreation), or Credit Transfer based on their prior qualifications, where applicable.
Applying for RPL in part or all of the Diploma of Leadership and Management can significantly reduce the cost and course duration of this qualification.
You can learn more about our easy 6 Step Online RPL Process here
The Diploma of Leadership and Management provides a pathway to further studies, such as an Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management or other Advanced Diploma qualifications.
This qualification can also be paired with other Diploma qualifications that Tubal delivers to become a ‘Double Diploma’.
Tubal’s Assessors will determine a participant’s competency against:
- Answers to established underpinning knowledge questions
- Third party performance feedback from Employer/Manager/Supervisor confirming participant is meeting all requirements of each unit of competency
- Demonstrated performance of designated tasks by the participant
- Participant self-assessment against designated tasks
- Historical information pertaining to past experience and work history eg. Resume/CV and/or verbal details.
- Informal performance feedback on participant from third party(ies)
- Pieces of work completed by the participant or evidence of work undertaken
Unit Selection (Core and Electives)
Successful completion of four (4) core units and eight (8) elective units of competency made up of:
- 4 elective units from Group A
- up to 4 may be additional units from Group A or Group B
- if not listed below, up to 2 electives may be from Diploma or above in the Business Services Training Package
- if not listed below, 1 elective unit may be from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Diploma level.
The selection of electives must be guided by the job outcome sought, local industry requirements and the complexity of skills appropriate to the AQF level of this qualification.
|Core Units (4)|
|BSBLDR511||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness|
|Group A Electives (at least 4 units to be selected)|
|BSBCUS501||Manage quality customer service|
|BSBFIM501||Manage budgets and financial plans|
|BSBHRM405||Support the recruitment, selection and induction staff|
|BSBLDR513||Communicate with influence|
|BSBMGT502||Manage people performance|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate continuous improvement|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|
|Group B Electives|
|BSBHRM512||Develop and manage performance-management processes|